Welcome to the Dortmund London Fan Club community podcast, join us for a fan led journey to the heart of the ‘die Südtribüne‘, BVB‘s Yellow Wall, the South Terrace of 26,000 fans behind the goal, one of the world‘s biggest single stands and greatest football fan experiences. On each of the shows, we meet guests from BVB past and present, coaches, players, writers and fans, our aim is to bring the world of Borussia Dortmund to English-speaking audiences with insight, commitment and ’Echte Liebe’. Amongst our guests so far we have had TV Presenter Rapha Honigstein, former coach Bert van Marwijk, former players like Philipp Degen, Knut Reinhardt, Niclas Jensen, Bernd Klotz, Andre Bergdolmo, Sunday Oliseh, Christoph Zimmerman, Steffen Karl and Mayor of Dortmund Ulli Sierrau as well as England legend Tony Woodcock and Celtic supporters clubs president Joe O’Rourke. Please note we are not the official podcast of Borussia Dortmund, we are a podcast run by fans of the club and are not affiliated in any way to the football club in Dortmund. The official Borussia Dortmund podcast can be found at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/borussia-dortmund-podcast/id1503379263 If you would like more information on joining our 100% unofficial fan club of BVB in London, go to: Facebook.com/Borussiadortmundfanclubengland Thank you for checking out our show, please subscribe and share with your friends.
Sunday Jun 26, 2022
Sunday Jun 26, 2022
Thank you for your interest in the BvB London fan community podcast as every week the focus of the show will be on exploring a facet of football life with a focus on Borussia Dortmund by talking to experts, fans, and players and coaches.
People, including journalists, who make up the football world including decision-makers and who know the football world and the world of BVB well.
The aim of the podcast is to make Bundesliga, BVB and international football more accessible.
The 1.93m defender has notched up 350 matches at a professional level and scored 25 goals. The 34-year-old worked his way up through the BSC Old Boys youth system between 1993-2007.
He signed his first professional contract with Swiss top-tier club FC Thun in 2009. In 2011 he signed a contract with then Bundesliga team 1. FC Nürnberg which he stayed with until 2013. In 2013/14 he was signed by VFL Wolfsburg.
Klose was then hired by former BVB II coach Daniel Farke for Norwich City which he stayed with from 2016-2021.
In 2020-21 Klose spent a season at FC Basel before being signed for EFL Championship side Bristol City who are known as 'The Robins' who have played their football at Ashdon Gate stadium since 1904.
1. Swiss football roots, was football always on the cards as a career? Youth career with Old Boys Basel. FC Basel under coach former Borussia Dortmund U23 and Germany player Thorsten Fink and first professional contract with FC Thun.
2. Some great clubs and classic names for the clubs Old Boys, Grasshoppers, Young Boys, Xamax what makes the Swiss League unique?
3. 'Der Club' 1. FC Nürnberg the 9-time Deutsche Meister with Ilkay Gundogan and Julian Schieber under coach Dieter Hecking an impressive 6th place finish in 2010-11 and a 5-1 Pokal win at the Alm.
4. Two seasons with VFL Wolfsburg and a second-place finish and that 2015 DFB Pokal win against BVB, the story of Klopp's last match at the Berlin Olympiastadion, playing alongside Kevin De Bruyne and Ivan Perisic. Who are Wolfsburg really and are fans too harsh on the club?
5. Promotion and relegation at Norwich City's Carrow Road, a debut at Tottenham Hotspurs, first goal against Newcastle, that great black kit in 16/17, the 6 'Kanarienvoegel' flatter in, that shocking purple away kit in 17/18 and something of a win over Reading.
6. 2018/19 Campioni, the championship title and promotion to The Premier League, a 95th-minute winner at Ipswich, what was the special Farke factor? The 19-20 relegation battle and back to the promised land in 20-21.
7. Ashdown Gate and Bristol City. Life with 'The Robins', former Watford and Leicester coach Nigel Pearson and what makes Bristol a top place to be.
8. 'Die Nati' the U21 and Switzerland A team, the 2012 Olympics, 2014 qualifying matches against England at Wembley.
09. Social media and close.
We hope you enjoy the show, remember to send us your comments, share the show with friends and to apply for tickets contact the club via the website which is borussiadortmundlondon.co.uk or join the London BvB community at our online group at Facebook.com/borussiadortmundfanclubengland.
During the season you can also come to watch a game at our meet-up Stammtisch at the Naughty Bar, just off Oxford Street, in Cleveland street central London.
All rights reserved Borussia Dortmund London Ltd 2022.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.